Checks n Balances Business Services (CBBS) is a trailblazer in the professional bookkeeping industry.
Checks n Balances provides the standard account-ready bookkeeping and year-end preparation, but that’s just the beginning. Lana Sheppard, and her knowledgeable team do everything they can to enable small and medium-sized businesses to maximize their success, contribute to the community’s economic growth, and develop into valuable corporate citizens. This means expanding their services to take care of payroll and direct deposit employee payments, software training on QuickBooks and finding innovative IT services to support bookkeeping and improve their client’s work processes. They are more than just a bookkeeping company. They educate and encourage their
Checks n Balances President Lana Sheppard and her perseverance in business shows through the numerous awards and recognitions. She has taken her business from a part-time home based business in 2006 to fully operational and with continued success.
- 2017 National Philanthropy Day Honoured Supporter By RUH Foundation
- 2015 CBBS awarded SABEX Small Business of the Year
- 2013 CBBS was an award finalist in the NSBA awards in 2 categories Management Quality Award and Small Business Award
- 2013 CBBS was nominated and a finalist for SABEX awards in 2 Categories Customer Service and Small Business of the Year
- In 2012, Checks n Balances was nominated and a finalist for the YWCA Women of Distinction for Entrepreneurship
- 2012 CBBS was nominated and a finalist for SABEX awards in 3 Categories – Customer Service, Growth & Expansion, and Small Business of the Year
- In 2011 nominated for RBC Women Entrepreneur
- In February 2012, MORE Magazine – Starting a Business – Checks n Balances was one of the featured businesses
- In 2010 Chosen as one of the featured businesses for Sask. Women Entrepreneurs
- In 2010 Presented Existing Business of the Year – Sask. Women Entrepreneurs
- In 2009, CBBS was nominated and a Finalist for the SABEX in Growth and Expansion
- In 2008, Checks n Balances was nominated and a finalist for the YWCA Women of Distinction for Entrepreneurship.
Partners in industry
- Canadian Bookkeeping Association
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce
- Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
- National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers
- North Saskatoon Business Association
- The Canadian Payroll Association
- Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan